.

.
.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Peek Inside the Journal of Gracie McGeehon

Journal Entry:
"God I am tired. I am weary and my eyes heavy. But you are here. Yes, you are. Your presence fills the room and your arms are by my side.
Ready.
Willing.
If only I would let go of control and rely on your perfect plan.
Why do I stress over so many little things in my life?
Why do I get overwhelmed when the trials of the day hit me?
Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth, the healer of the world, and the protector of my soul.
You are here.
Your presence is here.
The stars sing aloud your praises while laughing at me for my disbelief, the earth trembles and shakes at the sound of your voice, yet I still doubt. I am Thomas, who, after being with you and seeing the prophesies fulfilled, doubted.
I have doubted.
My faith is small. But you are here. I am a weak girl with a small heart towards a big God. My eyes can't comprehend what it would be like to focus on you all of eternity.
And yet,
You are here.
Your voice remains. The one constant in my life.
Your voice remains.
Your presence remains.
Your love remains.
When the waves of life come crashing in, you will remain.
Through the ups and downs of life, your love remains.
Like a blanket hiding my nakedness, a glove covering my blistered hands, or the water to my parched lips.
Your love is the anchor for my soul, and as I cling to your word, I can rest in knowing,
you are here.
Always here"


I read through my journal last night and found that entry above. I was struck by the thought, "Woah, in our weakest moments God remains strong." Through my weary eyes, exhausted heart, and less an enthusiastic spirit, God still proved himself the ever faithful lover.
The relentless pursuer.
His presence is here.
But I am still weak. When thinking about my weaknesses I was reminded of the verse in Romans.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." -Romans 8:26

Talk to God. And when I say "talk" that sometimes means groaning. Or if you are me, that means pacing around my backyard yelling, groaning, grunting, exasperated sighs, and quite often tears. 
If you take anything from this peek inside my journal take this.
"I do not have to know why everything happens since I know God is good, he loves me, and life on earth is not the whole story." -Rick Warren

-Gracie McGeehon

No comments:

Post a Comment