.

.
.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Grace > Feelings

Do you ever feel like you don’t have any special talent? Or that you’re especially not good at something?

If I were honest, I’ve had a rough reality check these last few months. It has also been my greatest blessing this year.

If I were to be even more honest, I would share with you my feelings of discouragement. Here are some of them:
-Even though I have a blog, I don’t feel like I’m good at writing.
-I don’t feel like I’m good at conversational talking.
-I don’t feel bold or brave.
-I don’t feel very forgiving.
-I don’t feel thirsty for God’s word.

When you read that, what is going through your head? All I see is me, me, me, and how I feel, feel, feel. That’s what it is all about, right? It’s all about what I CAN do and how I FEEL about it.

Here’s the reality check…. Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

I highlighted two things in that verse: “yet not I,” (It’s not about me) and “faith,” (It’s not about my feelings).

My feelings are constantly changing. Some days I feel sad, sometimes I feel happy, or mad, or relaxed, or even anxious, but the thing that always stays the same is the grace that I daily receive through Jesus.

Because Christ lives in me and by His grace alone, I can write words in a blog, I can talk to people, I can be bold, I can forgive, and I thirst for God’s word daily (as I seek Him, He gives me that desire).

For everyone by grace saved through faith (eph 2:8):  if you have a challenge set before you tonight and you don’t feel like you can do the task, remember that Christ lives in you, and that when you asked Jesus into your heart, you chose a faith-based life, not a feeling-based life.

May you grow in faith and humbly gaze at the Mightily, Beautiful Savior. It’s not about the talent you do or do not have, but rather all about Him. 

-Emily Calligan

No comments:

Post a Comment