.

.
.

Monday, December 2, 2013

"Struggles"- Part 1

First and foremost, I want to apologize for not posting on the blog for a few weeks. Between my computer breaking (which is almost fixed), family struggles, and school transitioning to fall break/ finals review, time was on a tight schedule. *Here's the exciting part: Gracie and I are starting a series about "Struggles, Scars, and Masks," and how we (as Christians) can respond to these things. Today's post is all about Struggles, and the next week we will be talking about Scars, and after that, Masks (you get the idea). I do hope this encourages you because this is one of my favorite reminders.

Struggles... I know, I know- we all have faced some type of struggle. In this particular season of my life, I feel as if the struggling part never ends, (which isn't true, of course). But it's interesting how we can feel so consumed and discouraged by some of conflicts that we face in life. If you ever thought that being a Christian will take away all of your problems... you're in for a harsh reality! Although, as Christians, we have a way to deal with the undertaking and trials that may occur.

1)We realize we can't control any thing in this life, so we stop trying to control situations and we pray about the things that are on our hearts. And the most amazing part? God truly cares and wants us to do so. "Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

2)We can trust God. I love Proverbs 3:5-6 , "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." This verse reminds me to stop trying to solve problems by myself, and most importantly, when I trust and turn to Christ- He will guide me through whatever I am facing. When the future is unsure, we can rely on God's character: He is good and He loves us.

3)We find comfort in letting go of control and trusting our Almighty, Powerful, and Faithful God. One of the pastors from my church once said that we are like 7-year-olds and God is the rocket scientist. When we become frustrated or question the things that happen in our life, it's like we're telling the scientist that he's not doing his job right... and we are the 7-year-olds! As the scientist has gone through years of research and study; the same is true- God is so beyond us. We cannot see the whole picture of life, nor are we skilled enough to fathom His wonderful purpose and plan. 

So if you're out there struggling tonight, just know that you don't have to do this alone. Let go of control, trust God, and find comfort and rest in the satisfaction that God is bigger than whatever you may be facing. 


May your heart's rest in the truth of the sufficiency of Christ, and the thought of being in Heaven soon, 


-Emily and Gracie

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear! Makes me think of JJ's song "oh-oh-oh control" ;)

    ReplyDelete